Covid-19 Screen Form
COVID Screening Form – Click Here for Downloadable Version.
It is important to establish each student’s COVID-19 status before confirming an appointment. If it is essential that the student is accompanied by a parent, carer or guardian, then that person should also be screened at this point.
The symptoms listed in the latest NHS case definition of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough,
- new fever/high temperature,
- new loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia).
Before attending an appointment it is important that we ask you the following questions:
- Have you been tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days?
- If Yes are you waiting for a COVID-19 test or the results?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- New, continuous cough;
continuous cough means coughing for longer than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If the you usually has a cough, it may be worse than usual.
- High temperature or fever;
- Loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste?
- Do you live with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household been advised to shield or are at high risk?
70+, Had a transplant, Have Cancer, Severe respiratory condition, Rare immunodeficiency condition, Heart Disease, Been told they are high risk by a GP
According to NHS Inform,
A person is considered to be recovered from COVID-19 infection when they meet all of the following criteria:
- It has been at least 7 days since the onset of the COVID-19 symptoms;
- They no longer have a high temperature.
If you get any symptoms before or on the day of the session, please let Chi Wai know and we can re-book the session.
Any sessions booked that need to be rescheduled due to government rulings will also be arranged.
I understand all the rules and procedures and have answered the Covid-19 questions truthfully and to the best of my knowledge.
Student/Parent/Guardian Signature: Date Signed:
Academy Training Guidelines
Training Guidelines – Click Here for the Downloadable Version.
We have been spending quite a bit of time at the academy working on the best and safest way to bring our students back to the academy.
Rest assured until we feel that things are as safe as they possibly can be, we will not open.
That said we feel we have come up with a comprehensive number of safeguards to ensure our students and instructors wellbeing and health.
If you or a member of your family has been unwell with symptoms, we ask that you contact Sifu for further guidance prior to attending the academy. We encourage all students to try check their temperature daily. If you have a temperature of over 37.8 please stay away from the academy.
A, IF WHILE AT THE ACADEMY YOU ARE CONTINUALLY COUGHING AND SNEEZING, WE WILL HAVE TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE THE ACADEMY (to safeguard others).
B, WHEN TRAVELLING TO THE ACADEMY PLEASE TRAVEL WITH THE MINIMAL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN THE CAR. IF TRAVELLING BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT PLEASE TRY TO STICK TO GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
- We will be limiting class numbers to just 10 students, this insures a safe 2-meter distance is maintained during training.
- Students will book onto the lesson via a new booking system. So that we do not have a scenario of 11 students turning up and we must choose who cannot train.
- A new timetable will be released showing the available times and days of training. This will be different to what you are used to. We feel this is the safest and fairest way at these trying times.
- Students will turn up for their lesson but will NOT be permitted to enter the premises until the appropriate time. We will be laying out markers 2 meters apart outside the academy for students to be able to stand safely whilst waiting (Unless you wish to wait in your vehicle instead of cause).
- A member of the Chi Wai Team will always open the doors 5 minutes before your lesson and direct students straight into the dojo keeping social distancing. Please sanitise your hands on the way through using the stations supplied. (one at reception, one in the parent’s room, two in the dojo area & one outside the toilet).
- The changing rooms are closed and the parents room is not big enough to allow students to wait or get changed in there, So we request ALL students to turn up for training, Already in the correct uniform and ready to go.
- Once you have entered the premises through the front door and are in the dojo, Mrs Sifu or member of the Chi Wai Team will close the door and clean that side of the academy. Ensuring it is clean for the next wave of students.
- We will be incorporating a ONE-WAY system, so students will enter through the front door BUT will only be permitted to leave through the back door, ensuring minimal risk of students bumping into each other. So, parents will need to pick up from the rear of the building. Please park at the front of the academy and walk around to the rear of the building, this will limit the amount of traffic flow and keeping everyone as safe as possible. (UNLESS THEY ARE TRAINING WITH THE STUDENT THAT IS!)
- We are recommending that where possible students come into the dojo with a parent/ guardian who can join in the training with them (Just like when training at home) this will help each student practise their techniques, aid for when students are practising at home and help parents understand and see first-hand the protocols we have in place for everyone’s safety. (Several parents have commented on how much they have been joining in anyway 😊)
- There are many Alcohol Sanitisers located throughout the building for regular hand Sanitising.
- Students will be allocated a spot in the dojo with a 2metre gap between students, hence the student numbers being limited to 10 per class (to be reviewed with government guidelines).
- There will be a spray at each training station for students to use after and during their training to keep their areas as sanitised as possible.
- There will NOT BE any sharing of training equipment, so there will not be any focus mitts, gloves, stick or anything else available at the academy, so students will need to bring their own equipment with them, if needed. We will let you know if the student may need extra training kit.
- At present Tea, Coffee & water will not be available. Please make sure you bring your own fluids to training to keep hydrated.
- Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will ANYONE be permitted to stay and watch the training in any part of the building. Only students & parents participating will be allowed to be in the building. If students are on their own, they will need to come in on their own, train on their own and the instructor will ensure they only leave out the back door once there is someone there to collect them.
- The toilet may only be used by one person at a time unless a parent is needed for help reasons. Please sanitise hands before entering, wash and sanitise hands on leaving the toilet. (where possible try and use your own bathroom before coming to the academy).
- Take time to familiarise yourself with the posters around the academy, if you have any questions please ask one of our instructors or Sifu.
- Please practice respiratory etiquette, ensure you sneeze or cough into a tissue or into your elbow. Dispose of tissues and wash hands.
- Follow all Government Guidelines in relation to the use of Personal Protective Equipment (Masks/Gloves)
- If you do need to chat with a member of staff, then this will happen once everyone has entered the dojo and you can then come in to chat to Mrs Sifu, Or once everyone has left the dojo through the back if you need to chat with an instructor. But if possible, please limit questions to e-mail or messages, as all instructors and Mrs Sifu will be looking to ensure the academy is clean and safe for the next group of students.
- Our Instructors will maintain Physical Distancing Guidelines, but we will continue to deliver great classes. If you need to talk to one of our instructors can you also respect the Physical distancing guidelines.
- In the event of an emergency please stay back unless asked to assist.
All classes will be on a booking system to keep track of numbers.
You can access WE ARE this page on here (The Portal)
Dojo Training – Dojo Training Booking Page.
ASKING ALL STUDENTS WHERE POSSIBLE TO STICK TO THEIR SAME DAY AND TIME OF CLASS TO HELP MAINTAIN OUR TRAINING BUBBLES. (this will help with Track and Trace and keep within the government guidelines).
We are looking forward to seeing you are the academy soon.
Sifu Lee & Mrs Sifu Lisa.
PLEASE NOW DOWNLOAD & SIGN THE FORM VIA THE LINK TO SAY YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE GUIDELINES. PLEASE BRING THIS WITH YOU TO YOUR FIRST LESSON. (this allows us to keep a record to show that all students have read and understood these rules).
Training Guidelines – Click Here for the Downloadable Version.